Tuesday 22 October 2013

We Almost had it all...


CHAPTER 1

It was a rainy Tuesday morning and Nthato has just finished her first meeting when she received a text from Mandla to say that he could not make it to lunch as planed. She sighed and quickly called her friend Alwande to tell her about another cancelled luch with her boyfriend Mandla. Girl angisazi Mina ngithini, uMandla usenezindlela asezihamba ngingazi ukuthi uyaphi and lately he's been taking calls angafuni ngizwa nokuthi ukhuluma nobani and I'm really getting tired of this! Hhay O I'm sure akunalutho alufihlayo you know how much he loves you. That's what I though but he has changed. Trust me girl, I'm sure you are just worrying your self about nothing. You think? No, I know! Hhay Bo,wase uba sure kangaka nje Alwande. Is there something you know that I don't? Ag nonsense Nthato, you know ukuthi ngiyazi nithandana kangakanani noMandla and you are the only person he loves so just chill and go to work. You're probably right, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Anyway, sizokhuluma I have another meeting to go to before heading for the office, we'll talk later. Sure, and stop thinking too much! Il try o, it's just that I love this man and i really don't know what I'd do if...Stop! There's nothing that Mandla is doing, now go to your meeting and relax ok? Ok! Ok! Later my friend!

A talk with Alwande always calmed her down and she trusted her friend more than anything. The day went by but somehow she was not feeling well. Something was not right and she could feel it. She was gonna get to the bottom of this! Checking her emails, she decided to leave the office earlier than usual with the hope of going over to her friend's place to discuss her suspicions further but first, she needed to go home and freshen up.

A drive from Umhlanga to Revonia (an apartment she and Mandla shared) was short so she was home within 10 minutes. When she got home, she was very surprised to see Mandla's car on the driveway since it was too early for him to be home. She got out of the car, without even locking it, went straight to the front door which was wide open and through the hallway, she could hear voices, chuckles and laughter. Wait a minute, the woman's voice was her friend's... Alwande!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment